Translate

Saturday, September 06, 2008

In Repair

I am in repair
I'm not together
But I'm getting there
~John Mayer

I was wondering when I might be able to be someone other/beyond the girl who is fixing herself. I have just recently stepped out of the role of "sick girl" and into "pregnant lady" and soon to become "Mom." But where am I in all that? Who am I beyond these over-simplified titles? It's maddening that I don't know, or at least not very well. Hell, I'm even tired of playing the oh-so-over-tired role of "in search of myself" chick. It'd be so nice to know.

Am I making this too complicated? Does anyone know who they are? Am I hoping for something that is, well, just plain silly? Ah, futility. I think that word should be counted as an onomatopoeia. Anyway, it's just this same rut, different day. It's getting really old and I really wish I knew what it would take to get me out of it so I could have a good, long run on an open stretch or road, have some new views and maybe even get somewhere.

I hope I'm getting there

No comments: