Translate

Saturday, December 09, 2006

Electric fingers


Just got home from watching "Stranger Than Fiction" with J and Roo. Super great movie. Very enjoyable with a little guilty pleasure via the slightly schmaltzy ending. In appreciation, I let out a little clap of glee at the end.
I tend to analyze things a lot. Actually, I over analyze and generally I'm analyzing myself. Example: as I clapped I thought,"clapping like that is such a me thing. is it childish or endearing?" Just then, two rows up to the left, a lady with long dark blond hair clapped gleefully. The guy next to her, boyfriend perhaps, turned to her and put his arm around her, clearly amused by and endeared to her.
"that chick is just like me!" my brain fired. My heart sank a little,"maybe i'm not special. maybe there are tons of people just like me." But the ultimately upbeat nature of the movie quickly redirected my pouting,"Why not? It would be great if there were more people like me. [subthought: the positive, helpful, outgoing, uplifting, creative, productive, kind, true-to-myself me] i wish i were more like me!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes indeedy, there should be more people like you. I wish I were more like you (positive, outgoing, uplifting, creative, productive, intelligent, witty). I'm sure others do too.