Translate

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Little Miss Sunshine

Saw the movie, enjoyed it, laughed at/with it, loved it, but didn't loooovve it. In the end it was too neat, too wrapped up in a little bow. One reason I like movies like this one is because they have a roughness to them, something that won't make them so palatable for every schmoe.

Take The Royal Tenenbaums for example. It was sweet and endearing in it's own special, scathing way. A way that a lot of people didn't get or didn't like. And I LOVE that.

Maybe it's just that I don't like liking things that are too popular. I really enjoy the fact that I can go straight to the Sale rack at mall stores because it never fails that they will have plenty of something I love because no one else liked it. Woo-hoo!

Either way, it was a really well-made film, the characters were simply irresistible and I felt a genuine human connection with the people who made the film. And really, can you ask for anything more?

No comments: