Translate

Friday, September 01, 2006

Yay!

Okay, so here comes the totally unabashed girly girl in me: I LOVE jewelry, particularly the shiny, sparkly, fancy kind. When J was engagement ring shopping, he was a smart (and probably overwhelmed) guy and bought a fantastic stone and placed it in a simple prong setting with the plan that I could then go and pick out a setting. This was very clever of him because he knows that my styles and tastes run the gamut and it would be nearly impossible to know what I would want to wear on my finger for the rest of my life.

After the proposal and our wonderful vaca on Cape Cod, I set out to find the "forever" ring. Actually, I had already found it and it was still stuck in head months later so I knew there must be something to it. So we bopped over to Solomon Brothers (kind of a lame website, but great people, selection and prices) and got this ring*:

I know, I know. I am TOTALLY SPOILED.

In my defense, we had them make it in white gold instead of the trendy and over-priced platinum and if it had been offered as a single-stone ring, I would have chosen that. But it wasn't so I was forced to get this one :) The main thing that attracted me was how it has such a great mix of old and new. There's the traditional "wheat" engraving as well as the more modern prongs on the sides and the organic leafy/ribbony center prongs. And then lots of pretty little sparklies around the top! Perfect for this quirky little trad-mod lady here!

The "Yay!" part of this post is that the ring came in today and it looks even better than I imagined! Woo-hoo! Yay for pretty, sparkly, shiny things!

* hey, just in case you're wondering, the ring was made by Varna . Note: you have to get the center stone separately and then they put it in there for you.

We're off to Charlotte and Asheville this weekend to visit family and scope out the mountains as a possible wedding location. I hope everyone has a fun and safe labor day weekend and watch out for those cops!

1 comment:

LJM529 said...

You deserve to be spoiled! I am so happy for you both!