Translate

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Life Soundtrack

Opening Credits:
Meditation from Thais - Abbey Road Ensemble, Itzhak Perlman & Lawrence Foster

Waking Up:
Cherio Manoli - Blue States from The Memphis Family Album

First Day At School:
Online - Gnarls Barkley (who I saw recently blasting up the road in a vintage convertible in ATL)

Falling In Love:
Life on Mars? - Seu Jorge (Life Aquatic Soundtrack)

Fight Song:
Tales of a Scorched Earth - Smashing Pumpkins (I swear I am not making this up!)

Breaking Up:
What Does Your Soul Look Like? - DJ Shadow

Prom:
Prison Food - Ben Folds

Life:
Bend and Break - Keane

Mental Breakdown:
I will make You Cry - Nelly Furtado

Flashback:
No Cars Go - Arcade Fire (this song does indeed make me feel more alive like when I was 17 didn't have to give a shit about anything)

Getting Back Together:
Tsunami - Res ("'cuz you're all the things I prayed I'd meet...i know that things are gonna be alright")

Wedding:
Sparkplug Minuet - Mark Mothersbaugh (Ok, so this is freaking me out now. This is from the wedding scene in The Royal Tenenbaums)

Birth of Child:
The Way I Feel Inside - The Zombies

Final Battle:
30 Century Man - Scott Walker (Life Aquatic - so I love Wes Anderson, what do you want?)

Death Scene:
Happy (Reprise) - Jenny Lewis & the Watson Twins

Funeral Song:
Dare - Gorillaz (hell Yeah! Blast that shit till the funeral home windows break! There NOT will be "moment of silence" at my funeral - there'll be a moment of NOISE!)

End Credits:
Ruby - Kaiser Chiefs (well, kinda cheesy, but it was a feel-good movie after all!)

No comments: